REGIONS EVENTS

 

The area bounded by the A.D.I. includes both part of the cultural-historical potential of the Saxon Transylvanian boroughs area, as in many localities there are elements of medieval architecture such as the well-known fortified Saxon churches, and the largest Armenian cathedral church along with medieval Romanian wall churches from the 17-th century. The area is also a traditional vineyard region, a popular halting place on the wine road. In addition to cultural tourism, from which we mentioned some objectives above, there is a huge potential for development of spa tourism and recreational tourism, as the area is scattered with scenic landscapes, and also unique geographic features such as single canyon in Romania, the canyon in Mihăileni.

In order to promote these objectives we planned the establishment of a regional tourism operator whose duties would include both promoting the area and the enabling the acces of potential tourists to the sights.

A sustainable economic development can be achieved only as a consequence of boosting local economic sector, whici, given the characteristics / ADI component, can be translated by boosting small and medium enterprises sector, in the business of tourism services and adjacent industries such as craftsmanship industries, eco type agriculture, and other areas where there is skilled labour in the area, or for which one can organize educational activities, training and guidance.

Members

  • Alma +

    A Gothic hall church is in the village, enlisted among the historic monuments of Sibiu county. The religious building used by the Calvin parishioners Read More
  • Ațel +

    The documentary attestation of the village dates from 1283, when Petru, bishop of Transylvania, concedes three parts of the tithe due to cathedral chapter Read More
  • Axente Sever +

    The church, dedicated to All Saints, was mentioned for the first time in 1322. Constructed at the beginning of the 14th century in early Read More
  • Bahnea +

    One of the first documentary attestations of Bahnea village is in 1291, when it was mentioned in one of the documents issued by Roland Read More
  • Biertan +

    The mediaeval fortress of Biertan, with its four rows of walls and nine towers and bastions (that’s right: four walls and nine towers), due Read More
  • Blăjel +

    In 1373 the settlement was mentioned in chronicles thanks to Antonius, son of Ştefan Blasius of Blăjel (Bellastella), who gave his estate (Blăjel and Read More
  • Brateiu +

    The first information about the village dates from 1283, when Petru, bishop of Transylvania, concedes three parts of the tithe due to the cathedral Read More
  • Cenade +

    The fortified church in Cenade, Cenade village, Alba county, was constructed in the 13th century as a small Roman church (the choir of the Read More
  • Cetatea de Baltă +

    In 1462, King Matei Corvin conceded Cetatea de Baltă together with the entire estate to Ioan Pongratz, Prince of Transylvania, for an amount of Read More
  • Copșa Mică +

    The town Copşa Mică is situated at a 12 km distance from Mediaş and it is more than 600 years old. Even if the Read More
  • Daneș +

    The Evangelic church in Daneş was constructed at the beginning of the 16th century. In the same period, the gallery with ramparts and battlements Read More
  • Dumbrăveni +

    The town of Dumbrăveni, which has about 10,000 inhabitants, is located 18 km east of Mediaş, on national road DN14, on the right bank Read More
  • Hoghilag +

    The oldest documentary attestation of Hoghilag village is in a document of 1335, which refers to a priest called Johannes in Târnava Archdiocese. In Read More
  • Jidvei +

    The fortified church in Jidvei village was protected until the 19th century by a double wall with two defence towers and a bastion. But Read More
  • Laslea +

    The village is located about 28 km east of Mediaş, on a secondary road winding from national road DN14 toward south. The first documentary Read More
  • Mediaș +

    It is quite difficult to make a brief presentation of tourist landmarks in Mediaş. The largest share thereof consists of historic and mediaeval art Read More
  • Micăsasa +

    The village was founded on the site of a Roman settlement, set up in the first half of the 2nd century (probably right after Read More
  • Mihăileni +

    In 1324, King Karol Robert of Anjou seized Şalcău estate and the fortress there, which was owned by loan county ruler of Tălmaci, and Read More
  • Moșna +

    In 1662, Prince Apafi was preparing to leave Mediaş in order to avoid an armed confrontation with his opponent, Prince Kemény. One night before Read More
  • Șeica Mică +

    Şeica Mică is located at about 23 km east of Mediaş, in the Şeica spring valley. Numerous archaeological investigations were made in the vicinity Read More
  • Șona +

    The fortified church is a significant historic monument. At the beginning of the 16th century, a hall church with narrow choir was constructed in Read More
  • Valea Lungă +

    The documentary attestation of Valea Lungă village dates from the beginning of the 14th century. In 1309 reference was made to the existence of Read More
  • Valea Viilor +

    Valea Viilor is 16 km west of Mediaş and 5 km south of Copşa Mică. Copşa Mică is attested in documents from the 13th Read More
  • Viișoara +

    The Evangelic Church in Viisoara is a hall provided with a bell tower on its western side. The nave is covered with a star Read More
  • 1