The fortified church is a significant historic monument. At the beginning of the 16th century, a hall church with narrow choir was constructed in Şona, which in the 19th century was renovated in ne-classical style. The bell tower is constructed prior to that stage, being separated from the church. The compound was surrounded by a wall with a defence tower, but only ruins survived. The neo-classical furnishing of the interior includes the organ dating from 1852, as well as the pulpit and the altar dating from 1847.
About 2.5 km to the south there is a land plot called “La biserica lui Martin” (“At Martin’s Church”). The remains of an old church were unearthed, which could be the one mentioned in a 1252 document. Reference is made there to Saxon judge Martin’s son who sold to another Saxon judge a part of his estate located between the two Târnave rivers, where there were three villages and a church.